Friday, April 18, 2014

Snail

In early April, I was pretty flustered with the end of high school, college choices, senior project, etc. So when a freshman asked me if I wanted a snail, I got beyond excited and said yes to not just one, but two. Yay for spontaneous pet acquirement. 

Note: I am terrified of slimy and crawly things. Worms, slugs, spiders = ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

So why two snails? I wanted them as a challenge. Much like how I went down a three stories high fire pole as a challenge (see previous blog post). Being myself can be a continuous surprise because I always sign up for activities on a whim. 

A day later, I gave one snail, Stanley, to a friend. Clementine stayed with me, and we had loads of fun as it pooped and ate and pooped and ate throughout the day. 

One week later, it (snails don't care about gender) died. So I set it aside, messaged several close friends, made some of them cry, put together a memorial YouTube video, and returned to bury it outside. 

However, it had moved from its deathbed. So it wasn't as dead as expected. 

Today, it spends a lot of time wandering around looking pretty cute for a slimy creature. And occasionally pretending to be dead.


Snail 

No toe left behind
Mouth hugging lettuce
Antennae pivoting
Not dead

No comments:

Post a Comment