Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Final Project Proposal

What form(s) will your project take?
My final project will involve making a short film in the perspective of a "tiger" daughter, referencing a memoir written by a Chinese "tiger" mother several years ago. I'm hoping that the video will be longer than 5 minutes and have a beginning, middle, and end.
I'll also put together a collection of some of the poems I've written in the past two months.

What direction will your poems take?
I'm mostly using this as an opportunity to explore a medium that I'm not very familiar with and fool around more with word and visual metaphors. For example, I'm planning on using a card game to represent how education uses numbers to measure "success". I'm also going to force myself to work in more anecdotal stanzas instead of just "floating" around in theories/ideas. I'm also hoping on playing with faster cuts and more effects, and recording a more emotional narration. Because I will probably have multiple actresses playing one character, the video won't show anyone's complete face. 

1 comment:

  1. We've discussed this lots, and I so appreciate your effort to pursue something new here. I'd also like you to collect, review, and turn in at least 10 poems from the semester in a simple, printed format.

    ReplyDelete